At Maxem, the security of our systems is very important to us. Despite our concern for the security of our systems, it is possible that there is a weak spot. If you have found a weak spot in one of our systems, we would like to hear about it so that we can take measures as quickly as possible. We would like to work with you to better protect our customers and our systems.
We ask you
- Email findings to email@example.com. Encrypt your findings with our PGP key to prevent the information from falling into the wrong hands,
- Not to abuse the problem by, for example, downloading more data than is necessary to demonstrate the leak or to view, delete or modify data from third parties,
- Do not share the issue with others until it is resolved and erase all confidential data obtained through the vulnerability immediately after the vulnerability is closed,
- Not to use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or third party applications, and
- Provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem so that we can resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will suffice, but more complex vulnerabilities may require more.
What we promise
- We will respond to your report within 3 days with our assessment of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have complied with the above conditions, we will not take legal action against you regarding the report,
- We treat your report confidentially and will not share your personal data with third parties without your permission unless this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Reporting under a pseudonym is of course possible,
- We will keep you informed of the progress of solving the problem,
- In reporting the reported problem, we will list your name as the discoverer, if you wish, and
- As a thank you for your help, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem unknown to us. We determine the amount of the reward based on the seriousness of the leak and the quality of the report, with a minimum of a voucher of €50.
We aim to resolve all issues as quickly as possible and would be happy to be involved in any publication of the issue after it has been resolved.